At Bayer Law Offices, we have dedicated expertise to OWI defense. If you are a CDL holder who has been charged with OWI, do not hesitate to consult our firm for legal help to fight your charge and protect both your commercial driving privileges and your standard driving privileges.
When fighting an OWI charge, it is crucial to have a lawyer look over your case to make sure you negotiate the best defense and outcome possible. Attorney John Bayer can build a strong defense for you by:
- Collecting all the records and evidence in the case that will be used against you
- Looking into the probable cause for the stop if you got pulled over by law enforcement
- Looking into the probable cause of the arrest to make sure your rights weren’t violated
- Investigating the chemical test
- Making sure the evidence was handled correctly
- Watching all videos that correspond to your case
- Making sure you were given due process in the whole arrest process
- Going to court with you on all court dates
- Appearing for motions or trials in your case
If you hold a commercial driver’s license (CDL), you are held to a higher standard when driving a regular vehicle. Many CDL holders are not aware that their CDL is at risk when they get a speeding ticket with their regular license. If you get two violations (of the offenses below) within three years, it will disqualify your CDL for 60 days; three violations within three years will disqualify your CDL for 120 days.
- Deviation from Lane of Traffic
- Following too closely
- Reckless Driving
- Speeding Excess of 20 MPH or more of the speeding limit.
- Speeding Intermediate 15-19 MPH over the speeding limit.
- Passing Illegally
- Driving a CMV Without a CDL in Possession
- Driving a CMV without Obtaining a CDL/Driving a CMV without proper class/endorsement.
For non-CMV convictions: CDL disqualified if the conviction results in rev/sus or cancel of CDL holder’s license or non-CMV driving privileges. Speeding in excess of 25 MPH in a 55, 60, 65,70 MPH will result in a 15-day suspension.
Facing Charges Related to Your CDL?
Do not hesitate to reach out to Bayer Law Offices if you have been charged with a traffic violation in connection to your commercial driver license. Whether you have been accused of speeding, operating without a valid license, or OWI while driving your commercial vehicle, our firm can defend you. We will put up a strong fight in court and do our best to protect your driving record and commercial license.
Do not risk a permanent CDL revocation without a strong fight; contact Bayer Law Offices online or at (414) 250-7997 to strategize your defense today.
Strategic Defense with Proven Results
Hands-On Attention to Each Case
Exceptional Track Record of Success
Experience You Can Count On